Day 1: Sirimon Park Gate to Old Moses Camp – 9km, approx. 3/4 hours *
You leave Nairobi at 8.00am and drive through the Central Highlands to Nanyuki by 11.00 am. We allow sufficient time to have lunch and then get to Sirimon Park Gate a comfortable four-wheel drive vehicle. Check in and
start hiking through the beautiful rain forest to Old Moses Camp at alt.3, 300m.
Day 2: Shipton’s Camp – 16km, approx. 7/8 hours -*
Early breakfast at 7.00am. You hike through the Liki Valley via Mackinder’s Valley to Shipton’s Camp at alt. 4,200m. Have lunch served en route. At
Shipton’s camp you enjoy a splendid wiew of the north faces of Nelion and Batian peaks. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 3: Peak Circuit for Acclimatization – 4 hours-*
After breakfast you start the peak circuit to help acclimatization, ascending to a steep ridge through Kami Hut, Hausberg Tarn and Two Tarns
Lake. It will take approx. 4 hours walk through some of the most spectacular sceneries. Return to Shipton’s Camp. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 4: Point Lenana at alt. 4,985m and back to Old Moses – 4 hour-*You wake up at night at 2.30am for hot tea and biscuits. Ascent to Point Lenana at 4,985m for approx. 3 hours to arrive for sunrise. From here you
can admire Mt. Kilimanjaro’s highest peaks, Kibo and Mawenzi visible from the south, Indian Ocean from the east and Mt. Elgon from the west. You start your descend back to Shipton’s camp for a full breakfast. Leave at
10.00am for Old Moses. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 5 : Drive back to Nairobi* –
After breakfast you leave camp to reach the park gate via the Sirimon route. Drive to Nanyuki for lunch and then to Nairobi arriving in the late afternoon to celebrate your success.
Trip cost per person
2 Persons booking – USD 1,210 per person.
- Two nights hotel at Boulevard, double or triple occupancy, B&B basis.
- Transfers and 4×4 transport to park gate
- All park entry fees
- 3 meals a day during the climb
- Experienced fluent English speaking guide
- Evacuation Insurance by Flying Doctors
- Staff, cook and porters.
- Mountain huts accommodations
- International Flight to & from Africa with applicable airport taxes
- Personal clothing and trekking gear
- Equipment on rent
- Lunch & Dinner in Nairobi
- All expense of personal nature
- Tips for guides and porters
- Personal / Travel / Medical / Rescue insurance
- All Drinks
Enquiries and Bookings
Please fill in the form below to book or make further enquiries.