DAY 1: ARRIVAL KIGALI + OVERNIGHT
Upon arrival into Kigali International Airport, Meet & Greet Services, followed by transfer to your Kigali hotel.
Overnight at Park Inn by Radisson, on bed & breakfast basis
DAY 2: KIGALI CITY TOUR +LUNCH/VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Morning, orientation tour of Kigali City, including a visit of the Genocide Memorial Museum. Lunch at the Hotel Mille Collines – featured in the film “Hotel Rwanda”, regarding the 1994 Rwanda Genocide Against the Tutsis.
Afternoon, drive to the Volcanoes Mountains – home to the Mountain Gorillas & Golden Monkeys, for overnight. 94km, 2.5hrs
Overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge on full-board basis
DAY 3: VOLCANOES FOREST – GORILLA TREK/KIGALI/DEPART
Morning, undertake the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime thrilling adventure – Mountain Gorilla Trek, in the volcanoes forest. Freshening up and lunch at the lodge, followed by check-out – ready for your journey back to Kigali. Before exiting the Volcanoes Mountains base town of Musanze, make a brief stop-over visit of the DIAN FOSSEY MUSEUM-GALLERY. (No Entrance fee, but donations are welcome) Shortly after, bid farewell to the volcanoes mountains region and drive down the slopes, on the winding road – arriving in Kigali in the late afternoon, with onward transfer to the Kigali International Airport for your evening outbound.
—END OF OUR SERVICES—
QUOTES: (Valid till 31st December, 2021)
Solo Travel – 01 Pax on Trip – USD 1,690
Each of 02 Pax sharing – USD 1,230
Each of 03 Pax sharing – USD 1,075
Each of 04 Pax sharing – USD 1,000
Each of 05 Pax sharing – USD 955
Each of 06 Pax sharing – USD 930
Single room supplement – USD 240
PLUS: Activity Fee – *all accompanied by a park guide; (Trek Activities Age Limit – min 15years)
¨ Gorilla Trek Permits – Rwanda @ US$500.00 per Person per Trek.
- Kigali airport arrival transfer + departure drop-off.
- 01 Night Accommodation in Kigali, on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Kigali City Tour + lunch on Day 02: Inclusive of applicable Genocide Museum Hall Audio Guide fee
- 01 Night Accommodation at the volcanoes, on Full-board basis.
- Private Transport in 4×4 Safari Land-cruiser.
- Services of English-Speaking Driver-Guide.
- Emergency Air Evacuation Cover (excludes hospitalization and medical bills).
- Bottled Drinking Water during the safari (in the vehicle) and while trekking.
- All taxes on the services quoted above.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- Gorilla Trek Permits; Applicable permit fee is shown separate from main quote.
- Any other sight-seeing activities or accommodation, other than indicated on the program.
- International & Regional airfares.
- Passport and visa fees.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Gratuities to driver-guides/Park Guide & Porters/Hotel Staff, and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls, e.t.c.
- Personal and Baggage Insurance.
- Costs for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above, or requested for.
Important Tips – In preparation for your trek activity
Volcanoes Mountains is a high altitude area of over 2,400 meters above sea level. It is extremely chilly in the early mornings and evenings – warm clothing is therefore necessary. While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly – it is necessary therefore to have:
- Water-proof clothing (jacket, with hood + trousers);
- Waterproof Zip-Lock bags for Cameras/Film/Passports/Money, e.t.c.;
- Hand Gloves (warm and water-proof), to keep hands warm and dry, as well as protect from stinging nettles;
- Hiking boots – with good mud-grip are most appropriate, especially in wet weather;
- Gaiters – to protect your trek trouser legs and boots against mud/wetness;
- Small hand/face towel, to wipe sweat off your face during the trek.