DAY 1: ARRIVAL KIGALI + OVERNIGHT
Upon arrival into Kigali International Airport, Meet & Greet Services, followed by transfer to your Kigali hotel.
Overnight at Park Inn by Radisson, on bed & breakfast basis
DAY 2: KIGALI CITY TOUR +LUNCH/VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Morning, orientation tour of Kigali City, including a visit of the Genocide Memorial Museum. Lunch at the Hotel Mille Collines – featured in the film “Hotel Rwanda”, regarding the 1994 Rwanda Genocide Against the Tutsis.
Afternoon, drive to the Volcanoes Mountains – home to the Mountain Gorillas & Golden Monkeys, for overnight. 94km, 2.5hrs
Overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge on full-board basis
DAY 3: VOLCANOES FOREST – GORILLA TREK/KIGALI/DEPART
Morning, undertake the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime thrilling adventure – Mountain Gorilla Trek, in the volcanoes forest. Freshening up and lunch at the lodge, followed by check-out – ready for your journey back to Kigali. Before exiting the Volcanoes Mountains base town of Musanze, make a brief stop-over visit of the DIAN FOSSEY MUSEUM-GALLERY. (No Entrance fee, but donations are welcome) Shortly after, bid farewell to the volcanoes mountains region and drive down the slopes, on the winding road – arriving in Kigali in the late afternoon, with onward transfer to the Kigali International Airport for your evening outbound.
—END OF OUR SERVICES—
QUOTES (Valid till 31 Dec 2022)
Solo Travel – 01 Pax on Trip – USD 1,690
Each of 02 Pax sharing – USD 1,230
Each of 03 Pax sharing – USD 1,075
Each of 04 Pax sharing – USD 1,000
Each of 05 Pax sharing – USD 955
Each of 06 Pax sharing – USD 930
Single room supplement – USD 240
PLUS: Activity Fee – *all accompanied by a park guide; (Trek Activities Age Limit – min 15years)
Gorilla Trek Permits – Rwanda @ US$1,500.00 per Person per Trek.
- Kigali airport arrival transfer + departure drop-off.
- 01 Night Accommodation in Kigali, on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Kigali City Tour + lunch on Day 02: Inclusive of applicable Genocide Museum Hall Audio Guide fee
- 01 Night Accommodation at the volcanoes, on Full-board basis.
- Private Transport in 4×4 Safari Land-cruiser.
- Services of English-Speaking Driver-Guide.
- Emergency Air Evacuation Cover (excludes hospitalization and medical bills).
- Bottled Drinking Water during the safari (in the vehicle) and while trekking.
- All taxes on the services quoted above.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- Gorilla Trek Permits; Applicable permit fee is shown separate from main quote.
- Any other sight-seeing activities or accommodation, other than indicated on the program.
- International & Regional airfares.
- Passport and visa fees.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Gratuities to driver-guides/Park Guide & Porters/Hotel Staff, and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls, e.t.c.
- Personal and Baggage Insurance.
- Costs for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above, or requested for.
Important Tips – In preparation for your trek activity
Volcanoes Mountains is a high altitude area of over 2,400 meters above sea level. It is extremely chilly in the early mornings and evenings – warm clothing is therefore necessary. While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly – it is necessary therefore to have:
- Water-proof clothing (jacket, with hood + trousers);
- Waterproof Zip-Lock bags for Cameras/Film/Passports/Money, e.t.c.;
- Hand Gloves (warm and water-proof), to keep hands warm and dry, as well as protect from stinging nettles;
- Hiking boots – with good mud-grip are most appropriate, especially in wet weather;
- Gaiters – to protect your trek trouser legs and boots against mud/wetness;
- Small hand/face towel, to wipe sweat off your face during the trek.