DAY 1: ARRIVAL ENTEBBE AIRPORT-KAMPALA (TRAVEL TIME +1HRS)
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be warmly welcomed by our guide who will then take you to Serena Kampala Hotel (Luxury) or Cassia Lodge (Mid-range) for an overnight and dinner.
Meal plan: Dinner.
DAY 2: KAMPALA-BWINDI FOREST NATIONAL PARK (TRAVEL TIME +8HRS)
Our guide/driver picks you at 7:00 am from your hotel or place of residence in Kampala. Drive to Mbarara (283km from Kampala) via Masaka. Make a first stop over at Equator crossing for snacks and photography. Proceed with a visit to Igongo Cultural village this is more rewarding and amazing as you visit the Ankole museum. Lunch break is made at Agip Motel Mbarara. After lunch, drive to Bwindi. This is the lushest highland rain forest on earth, filled with primates and exotic birds, valleys, hilltops and papyrus swamps. Dinner and overnight stay at either Buhoma Lodge/Mahogany Springs (Luxury) or Sliver back Lodge/Chameleon Hill Lodge (Mid-range)
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
DAY 3: BWINDI GORILLA TREKKING & COMMUNITY/VILLAGE VISIT.
Begin the day with breakfast ready for trekking, which begins at 8:00 am with a briefing from the UWA staff. Ensure to carry along with you rain jacket, drinking water, snacks, jungle boots etc. The guides will lead you inside the jungle to see the shy Primates for a group you have been booked for. Do not forget to take your lunch boxes and all the necessary gear to track the rare Mountain Gorilla, perhaps one of the most exciting wildlife experiences on earth. The tracking may take between 2 and 6 hours but it’s well worth the effort. The afternoon is spent on a village walk. The Buhoma Village Walk, gives you a great opportunity to see how the people surrounding Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It also is a great way to support the local community in a direct way. The Walk begins with your guide at Buhoma Community Rest Camp and is most informative, rewarding to the average visitor.
It will amaze you how resourceful the local people are as you see and learn their ways. Dinner and overnight stay at either Buhoma Lodge/Mahogany Springs (Luxury) or Sliver back Lodge/Chameleon Hill Lodge (Mid-range)
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
DAY 4: BWINDI-KAMPALA/ENTEBBE OUT (TRAVEL TIME +8HRS).
After your morning breakfast, drive back to Kampala using Kasese-Fort Portal road via Queen Elizabeth National Park for enroute game viewing if you lucky you may spot the Elephants, Antelopes and the Warthogs. A stop over at the Equator line in Kasese. Enjoy the winding scenery of the foot hills of Mt. Rwenzori arriving in Fort Portal for lunch thereafter continue to Kampala or Entebbe for your outgoing flight back home or to your nest destination
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF SERVICE!!
- Airport Transfers
- Transportation by 4 WD safari Land Cruiser, Fuel expenses
- Accommodation while on safari
- The costs also cover the services of English speaking driver/guide
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) while on safari,
- 1 soft drink per meal i.e. a soda or mineral water at/during lunch and dinner,
- One gorilla permit per person US$ 700.00
- Community visit
- Ranger fees
- Fuel plus all activities while on the tour.
- All government taxes
- Local and international flights
- Personal Travel insurance
- Visa Fees
- Drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of personal nature.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- Above is just a quote and no services are confirmed at present.
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of non-availability, we may have to reroute and provide alternative accommodation at lodges of similar category.
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safaris as our vehicles have limited luggage space.
- All the passengers must have Identification Card/Passport with them throughout their travel.